Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Week 491: Late Night Is Changing

Weekly Written Review 

Last week, I shared my autobio a person that claims he represents screenwriters and producers, he read half and said it wasn't for him. Then he asked if I had any TV projects. I told him I have a pitch deck and a developed TV show concept that also exists in the late-night universe. After a pause, he responded, "What's your obsession with late-night?" He took a look at my TV concept and followed up with a request meeting. The meeting was probably only to pique his interests. Nothing official came out of the meeting but he did admit he finds me interesting. He believes late-night is changing and he has no idea what's it's going to look like years from now. The meeting ended on a positive note and he wants to read my TV shot pilot when I write it. I'm not sure if we're going to reconnect but I'm thankful he got my mind thinking about writing TV shows moving forward.

On Wednesday, I dressed up in a woman's tiger-striped bathrobe for a Pajama Jam and it garnered some attention. Thanks, Atarah. In less than 30mins from my arrival, I was approached by a producer that showed me his potential Netflix project his phone. I recognized the lead actor which furthered our connectin. Before the conversation ended, he took my contact info and promised to cast me in something. He liked my look and my energy.

On Friday, I arrived for a Save By The Bell scene. I interviewed for this last week with another young man. That young man didn't show up today. That causes a shakeup in production. I ended up doing some stand-in work with a pay bump. One of the stand-ins ended up having to do the scene with me. That allowed us to connect and share. He's in the process of launching an online network with some contracts in place. He took a lot of interest in my web series and my overall late-night ambitions. That got me thinking, "Late-Night is changing."

I'm at the right place at the time. Meetings this week and potential meetings next week.

I am the change in Late-Night.


Sunday, February 9, 2020

* Dog/House sitting day 1

* LAX drop off...

* Burbank International Festival Oscars Red Carpet Event. Helping Kevin out with photography.


Monday, February 10, 2020

* Dog/House sitting day 2

* Errands

* Video gaming...


Tuesday, February 11, 2020

* Dog/House sitting day 3

* Post Office...

* Audition video sent...

* RAD Updating...


Wednesday, February 12, 2020

* Dog/House sitting day 4

* Natasha Ward's Pajama birthday house party

* Meeting with Brad at the Soho House


Thursday, February 13, 2020

* Dog/House sitting day 5

* Basketball...

* Airport pickup...

* Edit 2/29/20 - I had self-submission tape scheduled for today but due to unappreciated energy from another party I decided not to do it. The character was also queer. I didn't read the description thoroughly beforehand. That's not the type of character I'm interested in. As of this edit, that was my last audition.


Friday, February 14, 2020

* Save By The Bell shoot

* I didn't play tennis at my meet up today but it went on without me. Thanks, Atarah.

* My question wasn't answered. Drama averted, sorta. Went to bed early.


Saturday, February 15, 2020

* Ralph's...Tulips and card pick up

* C&B Rewrite Intensive continues...

* Mario's attempt...ended up at IHOP


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign