Sunday, October 6, 2019

Week 472: Rebranding Process Initiated

Weekly Written Review

I started off this week very low spirited because of a handful of disappointing reasons. The most disappointing is not hearing back from an attorney that I was supposed to meet with on Monday. We connected on Bumble. He represents literary talent and the connection seemed promising. Plus, I'm winding down from a creative high. Between the month of May and September, I wrote two screenplays. That's a lot. I didn't crash but I sure burnt a lot of rubber. Outside of my own journey, thoughts about the Amber Geiger verdict really disturbed me. I'm not going to address it. Nonetheless, I spent most of this week relaxing and in deep thought. Sometimes I can get destructive while in this kind of state and I did, a little. On Thursday, I made a bold decision to begin a rebranding process of my image. Here's a snippet of what I shared with my agent.

---------------------

I've been in deep thought this week about my career and I've come to the conclusion that I'm no longer interested in auditioning for young aged roles. Throughout the course of my career, I've auditioned for several young aged roles and received minor success. I've been wearing a beard for most of this year and I think it's working better for me. I'm ready to take a new path and rebrand my image. 

I've already begun clearing up my profiles. I've archived all the clean-shaven photos on my three profiles (Actors Access, Casting Frontier and LA Casting). I left approximately eight or fewer photos with facial hair. I would like to start targeting roles age 27 to 35. 

------------------------------------

I've thought about doing this in the past. The reason I never did it is because it's easy to get high off, "You look so young" compliments. Plus, it's not an easy transition yet it had to be done. There's a common saying in this industry, "Less is more." I had way too many photos on my profiles and I had to get rid of alk the clean-shaven photos. I'm also planning a photoshoot with a friend later this month. That shoot will capture my new look with a beard. 

Sometimes you have to demolition what you got so you can rebuild from the ground up. 


Sunday, October September 29, 2019

* Dolemite screening. Hands down the best movie of the year.

* Started watching, The Boy.

* Low spirited day...


Monday, September 30, 2019 

* Was supposed to meet with an attorney about my writing career but I never heard back.

* Relaxing...low spirited day

* Script reading (DH), emails, maybe some minor writing...


Tuesday, October 1, 2019

* Relaxing/low spirited


Wednesday, October 2, 2019

* Writing...

* Finished reading DH and a cop comedy from Joss...

* CLN did not advance is a free contest...


Thursday, October 3, 2019

* Basketball...with Joss. He hurt his ankle really bad. Last game of the day I hit a long-range game-winner three-pointer and ended it.

* Rebranding confirmation


Friday, October 4, 2019

* Tennis...


Saturday, October 5, 2019

* Waves movie screening. I regret ever seeing that movie. It's full of propaganda.


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign