Weekly Written Review
I played tennis on Monday, and on Tuesday I had pain below my knee. I did some research; I think it's patellar tendinitis. It didn't stop me from playing sports every day of the week, but I certainly was not my normal self. There were some balls I just had to let go. I couldn't sprint. Through the pain, I fought and surprised myself with some great results. I scored 11 points in my team's final game of the season. We secured second place and a bye week. I also became the Rancho Cienega Citywide Shooting Champion.
Here are some messages I shared with my basketball team related to the pain.
-------------------
Post-Game Message to My Basketball Team Friday Night
The pain below my knee right now is no joke, but 100% worth it. I'll do it all over again without hesitation.
I got called for travel twice yesterday because my limp affected my footwork. Overall, I contributed more than I thought.
I'll go somewhat easy on it for the next few days. The earned bye-week is a lovely treat. Thank you, Pickle Ballers! ☺️
Saturday Afternoon Message
Let me tell you... Ice does wonders. I was scheduled for an LA Parks shoot-out competition this morning. I couldn't make their requested time of 9 am. I could barely walk!!!
They called before 11 am and told me I could still come in. Layers of ice later, I showed up in better condition and left with the highest score and was told I'll probably be advancing to regionals next week. That's if no one else better shows up before 2 pm. Lol. Fingers crossed.
About An Hour Later
I won. They got a medal for me. Lol. Regionals, here I come.
If I had iced more diligently early on, I probably would've healed up by Friday. You live and you learn.
Sunday, September 6, 2026
* 40FOR40 Editing...
* Rewatching Snowfall...
Monday, September 7, 2026
* Labor Day. No pickleball coaching...
* Returned to tennis on Mondays for the first time in forever. The last time was probably in 2024.
* Rewatching Snowfall...
Tuesday, September 8, 2026
* Pickleball coaching...
* Basketball...
* 40FOR40 Interviews...
Wednesday, September 9, 2026
* Volleyball league practice...
* Rewatching Snowfall...
Thursday, September 10, 2026
* Pickleball coaching...
* Rewatching Snowfall...
Friday, September 11, 2026
* Adult basketball league. I was hobbled. 11 points. We won! Second seed secured.
Saturday, September 12, 2026
* Hoops Challenge. I won! Advancing to Regionals next week.
* Hoops Challenge. I won! Advancing to Regionals next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)