Saturday, August 8, 2020

Week 516: Tempered Expectations

Weekly Written Review

An incident last Saturday (Week 515) took a toll on my spirits. I spent most of this week sleeping, a lot. Probably averaging way over 10 hours a day. Waking up, eating, and going back to sleep. Checking my email and sleeping again. It seemed like my spirits were healing on Thursday when I finally got some work completed. Then on Friday, someone dropped the hammer on my forehead crippling my spirits more. 

Since early June, I've been a top 10 finalist for BET's Project CRE8 TV pilot contest. The top 5 is supposed to be announced any day now. Placing in the top 30 out of 700 is a hopeful place to be. In addition to that, my idea is amazing. Thus, I have a lackluster history with competitions. I often get really close and nothing happens. Yet, I refuse to allow those disappointments to define me. I'm expecting parallels of greatness... right? 

Furthermore, through a Facebook group for writers, I made contact with another finalist, which is cool. A few weeks ago he asked if I heard anything. I also heard nothing. We agreed that the contest is delayed because of the pandemic. Then on Friday, he asked if I  was contacted about a background check, essentially indicating my fate with this contest. The background check is the holy grail for selected contestants and I'm clearly not included. I got his message while playing tennis and it made me want to stuff my face inside a pillow but I kept playing. I had no desire to cry but something inside of me certainly went spoiled rotten. 

I congratulated the guy and decided to start tempering some expectations. I contacted someone that helped me with the pilot and their one-word response surely didn't make it any better, ("noted"). I'll probably contact at least two more people to temper their expectations soon. 

None of this helps with my already damaged spirit but on the bright side, BET is now apart of my collection of disappointments. I'm confident there will be many to add to my collection in the near future. Hooray! 

Edit (8/9/20): Thursday morning or possibly Friday morning, I remember having a dream revealing disappointment with the BET contest. It was an unpleasant sensation waking up to that thought. I don't remember the details but I remember not liking it.  


Sunday, August 2, 2020

* Lazy day/Gaming/sleeping/low spirits...

* Watching Netflix's Transformers...


Monday, August 3, 2020

* Not long after waking up I got an idea for a network. Far fetched but hey...

* Walk/Panada Express pick up

* Low spirits...


Tuesday, August 4, 2020

* Reviewing footage for my documentary idea...

* Watching Netflix's Transformers...

* Low spirits...


Wednesday, August 5, 2020

* Low spirits/over 10 hours of sleeping/doc vlog...

* Walking/Food 4 Less/ATM...


Thursday, August 6, 2020

* Spirits, a little better...

* H, F description work...


Friday, August 7, 2020

* Tennis...

* FB from a potential contest top 5 (background check)...

* Lowered spirits...

* Watching Netflix's Transformers...


Saturday, August 8, 2020

* Low spirits...

* Mario Kart with online gamers...

* Blogging...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign