Saturday, November 16, 2019

Week 476: In Death There is Life

Weekly Written Review 

When I got notice of Marissa's passing, it drove me to reach out to a few people that also knew her. One person didn't respond until the next day on Instagram and we've been in touch ever since. We started off texting on IG, followed by video chat, phone calls, and more texts. The last time I saw this person was in 2010. Since then, she had a very false impression of me and she eventually thought I hated her. I have no hate in my heart but I honestly had no interest in inviting her back into my life, ever again. We met approximately 23 years ago. Without revealing full details about our history, I'll just mention she didn't treat me nowhere as great as I treated her. Nonetheless, reconnecting with her has been nostalgic. Our conversations have been entertaining, fun and full of transparent admissions. Regret was mentioned by one party and appreciation by the other. As of right now, it appears this pattern is on a straight path. For how long? I have no clue. Our conversations have been cool and I'll take it. Even though it may be temporary. I assume it's all a phase based on historical patterns but I honestly have no expectations. This odd occurrence has been enjoyable and a bit flattering. The irony of this entire reconnection would've never existed if Marissa didn't pass away. Coincidentally, I found out she sent me an email to a very old email address of mine that I no longer check, 24hrs before Marissa passed. The followed day we connected. Marissa certainly blew life into our dead relationship.

Over the past year, there was even a mutual friend implicating us in off conversations. I'll conclude by saying, this situation makes life a little interesting, adds anticipation and potential excitement. Some excitement is already on the calendar. History is what makes our conversation so valuable.  We're able to talk and/or joke about things with each other that we can't do with anyone else. Yet, none of it means a damn thing. In my opinion, I've become a way too complicated for nostalgia to result in anything meaningful.


Sunday, October 27, 2019

* JH workday 5. Short day.

* Fixing grammar on RAD...


Monday, October 28, 2019

* JH workday 6. Running from arrows. Fell in some cactus. Took it like a champ.


Tuesday, October 29, 2019

* JH workday 7. Cold and slowed later that night.


Wednesday, October 30, 2019

* Writing...

* Editing CLN. Atarah reread it and sent her rewrites.

* Rereading RAD

* Dinner at Roosters. I had a disappointing $12.00 salad.


Thursday, October 31, 2019

* Rest In Peace Marrisa Hammonds

* Screenplay submission into ScreenCraft Family and ScreenCraft Fellowship

* Really cold day

* Halloween at Hank's


Friday, November 1, 2019

* Computer work...

* Missed a chance to see the new Terminator movie

* Called and talked to Kevin B for the first time in a year. I gave him a break for particular reasons. October 29th made one year.

* Switch gaming with At


Saturday, November 2, 2019

* JH picture wrap. Today was my last day. Monday is the last shooting day.

* Reconnecting with a unique person after a very long time despite an unfortunate loss.

* Haircut

* Texting and video chat. Reconnecting with someone I met approximately 23 years ago.


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign