Sunday, May 26, 2019

Week 451: Colorado Diet

Weekly Written Review

During my first out of town feature film shoot, I learned a lesson early on. Most importantly, I confirmed interesting details about my dietary habits. This led to learning the importance of making dietary requests. I'm an easy going guy and when I was asked in advance about my dietary restrictions I said: "I don't have any." I can generally eat anything but I really prefer a fruit/vegetarian/fish based diet. I'm not against meat but over the years I stopped eating as much. Since I wasn't specific with my requests in advance, that put a damper on my eating chooses during my trip. The person(s) that did make requests were catered to the most and I was left with limited eating options to enjoy.  I didn't get mad or complain but it prepared me to speak up when the opportunity comes up again in the future.

The day before I left for my trip I met up with someone who works in the entertainment industry at Starbucks. She showed interested in a couple of my projects and I ended up sending her some stuff. She gave a cool response to one of my pitch decks but as far as my screenplay, my heart and joy, I wasn't fond of the notes. I truly do appreciate her taking the time and providing feedback/suggestions but my immediate response was, "That's not my story." Her feedback set my mind on a path of independently developing and producing my own screenplay. I never really thought to do so in the past but the forthcoming reality is, I doubt there's a Hollywood studio that wants to tell my story without ruining it. I'm actually glad this happened. I was zoned out at first of course but aligned my mind onto the path of somehow getting it done myself.


Sunday, May 5, 2019

* Table read

* Military training


Monday, May 6, 2019

* I chilled out today and worked out my arms. Although, I wasn't shooting it was shooting day one for the production.

* GOT episode 4

* Got some feedback from about one of my pitch decks (CB)


Tuesday, May 7, 2019

* Ended up watching GOT again with my crew

* Shooting around with Hank at a dilapidated basketball court

* For some interesting reason my knee was hurting from the way back from shooting around but it was fine the next day

* A cat named Goober fell asleep on my bed for the first time


Wednesday, May 8, 2019

* Got an explosion of ideas for an origin story for a developing screenplay

* My 1st day of shooting. The last portion of the shoot was dedicated to the promo shoot. It went well but I forgot my backpack in that scene. I was concerned at first but it wasn't a big deal.


Thursday, May 9, 2019

* My shooting day 2. My characters death scene :-(

* More origin story brainstorming

* A cat peed on my bed. It's probably not Goober. There's another cat in the house that doesn't like guests.

* One week without...


Friday, May 10, 2019

* My shoot day 3.

* Got some feedback about my screenplay for someone I recently met who's in the industry and I wasn't fond of the notes. My immediate response was, "That isn't my story." I'm actually glad this happened.


Saturday, May 11, 2019

* Had a low spirited start but I was convinced to get out the house

* Hanging with Joel, Ben, and Billy.

* Playing Corn Hole at a Brewery

* Pizza...

* Switch gaming night


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign