Monday, March 1, 2021

Week 545: Timing Is Everything. A UPS Story.

Weekly Written Review 

This was a great week. Played tennis twice. Interviewed with my team for a new game show and I had a really successful outdoor table read for one of my scripts. I also started on a second remaster. Among all the accomplishments my favorite story this week is one with UPS on Saturday. 

 I was expecting a new portable monitor this week. I ordered it last week Monday, February 15th. It got delayed at least 3 times. The last update told me it's arriving on March 1st. Later Saturday evening, I was away from home and I landlady called. She informed me that UPS dropped off something in the yard. She didn't check on it yet and I didn't get an email or text confirmation. When I got off the phone with her, I got the text/email confirming the delivery. I took a shower she called back and my landlady told me there are two packages with my name on them. I wasn't expecting two packages. I went home and the two packages were not my monitor. It was two coffee machine items I was expecting from The Price Is Right but why did I get confirmation that my monitor arrived. I was so confused. 

I went to my garage and started making phone calls to no avail. I was in my room for over an hour on the phone. I spoke to a person from Lenovo but I needed to talk to the sales department and they were closed. Trying to get a hold of someone from UPS was a total waste of time. Finally, I decided to leave. As I'm leaving, I doubled back to check if I locked my door and I used my light on my phone to make sure the package wasn't hidden in the bushes. No package located. I turned around toward the car I borrowed, facing the passenger side, a big UPS truck turned into my block and it didn't stop. I waved and they kept driving. Looking from a distance as the truck made a left onto another street, I said to myself "what the hell". 

I got in the car and followed. About two blocks away, the truck was still. I approached cautiously and asked the young lady in the back of the truck looking for a package if I could ask a question. She said yes. I explained. She said, "where?" I told her my address and looked around the back of the truck. A moment lady, she picked up a box and said, "Motown Maurice". I said, "Yes. Want to see my ID?" She said, "yes". I showed her and she gave me the box. Explained what happened. I don't even remember her explanation. I was just so thankful. 

The moral of this story is timing. If I left my garage one min later I would not have seen the UPS truck driving by. Praise Jah! 


Sunday, February 21, 2021

* Game show zoom meeting...

* Amazon orders for MaTown...

* Phone calls...

* Rewatched Beawulf...


Monday, February 22, 2021


* Haircut... First time in a while. Certainly this year. 

* 4pm gameshow zoom interview...

* TAAM prep...


Tuesday, February 23, 2021

* Tennis...

* 2nd remaster begins... - day 1


Wednesday, February 24, 2021

* Bumble Bizing...

* Real ID stuff...

* Dream/Sleep application/video

* 2nd remaster - day 2


Thursday, February 25, 2021

* Walking... errands...

* Numero uno/dollar store

* 2nd remaster - day 2


Friday, February 26, 2021

* Tennis...


Saturday, February 27, 2021

* Outdoor table read for C&B. Great success! 

* Awesome UPS story...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign