Friday, December 28, 2018

Week 430: Double Dipped Blessing

Weekly Written Review 

I'm about two weeks removed from this week, I'm on Christmas break and I've been dealing with family stuff. As a result, my thoughts might be a little jaded but I'll more or less still hit all the points.

I don't think I've ever been so busy around this time of year before. I worked four different gigs this week and I had a two day basketball winning streak. On Tuesday, my team won seven straight games and in four of those games, I hit the winning shot. On Thursday my team won another 4 or 5 straight games. My biggest highlight of the week came from a gig I booked from a referral. I met my referral two years ago, I haven't seen them since and they reached out to me for a great role in a web video. That same day, I was booked for a scene on the Netflix show Dear White People and magically I got out in time. At first, it wasn't looking good but I found out the web shoot with Dhar Mann was actually behind schedule. They were reevaluating the outline of the script. They suggested through text to come later but I got wrapped from Dear White People and I arrived at the original call-time. Wednesday was a super full day but it worked out perfectly. That's what you call a double dipped blessing.

On Saturday, I booked some background work for a feature film and reconnected with a young lady who now provides professional script consultant services. We chatted briefly about my screenplay and she asked me an interesting question. She asked what's my films audience and answering that question out loud was empowering. Little did I know, the very next week spawned a series of screenplay related developments. This may be a sign. A sign to... 

I also got excited about a blemish that I've been working on removing from my forehead since October.  I thought it was almost gone. It's better but it's still going to take a while before I'm completely blemished free.


Sunday, December 9, 2018

* Helping Susan at her house

* Tennis...


Monday, December 10, 2018

* This morning I was woken up by multiple phone calls, text messages, and Facebook messages. Turns out it was a guy I met two years ago at a shoot. His name is Virgil and he was reaching out about an acting opportunity. A couple hours later I was on a Skype interviewing and I sealed the deal.

* EBT phone interview. Their yearly reevaluation conversation.

* Laundry day...

* Food pickup. Trader Joe's Numero Uno.

* Blogging...


Tuesday, December 11, 2018

* Basketball...4 game winners and 7 straight team wins.

* Passed up background work today. Glad I did.

* Haircut

* Interview application...??? I wrote this down in my notes but I'm not sure why.


Wednesday, December 12, 2018

* Dear White People background work, I was kind of featured. Let's see if I make the cut.

* Prom Date video shoot with Dhar Mann's crew


Thursday, December 13, 2018

* Basketball...5 straight wins and a terrible final game/loss. I don't know why my team agreed to play again and no one wanted to play any defense. Tired is not an excuse. Don't play if you're too tired.

* Found out my EBT got lowered. I'm just blessed to know I still have some.


Friday, December 14, 2018

* Cat food run

* Purchased a TV for my father online...

* 6pm Grown-ish background work


Saturday, December 15, 2018

* Background work on LA Rush and an interesting conversation about my screenplay...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign