Sunday, November 11, 2018

Week 424: Reset Button

Weekly Written Review 

Last Week (423), was potentially the biggest week of my quest thus far. I'm confident greater weeks are to come but in current standings last week takes the cake. Since then, I've made the most logical decision I could think of. That decision is to press the reset button. People say great things will come from my role in Snake Outta Compton but since the premiere, I've become relatively detached from that film. Aside from editing photos and post-interview videos, Snake Outta Compton is in the history books. Only time will tell if it becomes a cult classic or not. There are two other projects I had reserved hope for but it looks like they may never see the light of day. It happens. That's Hollywood. I got my SAG card because of one of those projects and you can never go wrong with meeting new people. Pressing the reset button and moving forward is best. I have zero pending projects and the year is practically over. My mind is pointed towards 2019. Next year is where my mind is parked. I have a new headshot photo shoot scheduled for next week and I'm dreading the thought of planning for it. Once or twice a year I have to wash, rinse and repeat the photo taking process. It gets old, but I have to do what I have to do. All serious actors have to do it. I did end up finding excitement in the process. I generally always find the excitement once I get past the tedious phases. I'm actually hyped about getting them done at the end of the year instead of at the beginning of the year. That's a gamer changer. It gives me an advantage for pilot season and for bigger auditions in general when the year starts. As far as I'm concerned, I accomplished nothing during my 8 plus years in LA. As of January 1, 2019, I'm starting over. If I'm lucky my past will positively influence my future. On second thought, my past is in the past. Reformation is my state of mind. Cheers to pressing the reset button and for incredible, unbelievable, and unthinkable possibilities in 2019.

In other news, this was an interesting week for friendship. Those that know me, know that I don't use that word loosely. There are two particular people that made this topic interesting. In the past few years, there are only a couple people that I comfortably called, friend. One ignited a petty personal, emotional fuss. Nothing too serious. The other revealed some resentment towards me about money owed. Moreover, a series of recent outbursts from this person punctured my tolerance threshold this week. It led me to initiate a timeout with this person on Sunday via text. We spoke on the phone moments before and it was a terribly negative conversation. This person was ranting about the hate for their job and requested that I that I stop what I was doing to get to their house and help. I said I couldn't and this person asked what I was doing. I said I was writing. Then this person said, "Are you writing about yourself again?" Then this person repeatedly asked, "what are you writing?" I was working on my blog but I sarcastically told this person I was working on the 5th version of my life story. This person in return said I should stop writing about myself and write a movie like "Starwars." His actions in this conversation put our relationship at a toxic level. I've also noticed him becoming toxic with others around him recently. The fact that owed money was brought up in recent days was absolutely improper. The first time was brought up loudly around two others in a car. You don't do that. Not to mention, episodes of this person yelling and cursing at me over insignificant things. This person essentially tried to pick a fight with me for no reason a couple weeks ago. His person knows I'm calm and collect and was trying to get me to break. It didn't work. I probably didn't blink. There are other occurrences of this person yelling at our associates unnecessarily. Thankfully an apology was issued soon after.

This person has helped me so much over the years and I love this person but sometimes a break is necessary. This person needs to take better care of them-self. I know alcohol abuse has a 50% or more influence on their behavior but there are no excuses. This person's true resentment is within. I suggested intervention and I hope this person gets it. Meanwhile, I'm working towards reimbursing the person as soon as the end this month or early next month. A particular phone call on Friday clears the way for that. I'm sure our relationship will be mended in the future but for now, there's a transition taking place.


Sunday, October 28, 2018

* Blue LA Rental

* Dropped off my landlady at Sizzler

* Food 4 Less/cat food run, Trader Joe's, Dollar Store,...

* Cleaning up/blogging


Monday, October 29, 2018

* Editing/library uploads

* Someone tried to stress in about misinterpreted personal stuff...

* Tennis...


Tuesday, October 30, 2018

* Organizing...

* Vote! by mail.

* Phone calls

* Low spirited...


Wednesday, October 31, 2018

* Basketball

* Playing Switch with She


Thursday, November 1, 2018

* Attempted to get a new tub of She Butter in Hollywood Blvd but they were randomly closed. They had a note on their door. What a waste of time. That led me to seek out Amazon. Using someone else's account I ordered what I needed.

* Picked up white rice at Chipotle. I think I'm done with their white rice. I've noticed over time it doesn't agree with my stomach.

* Food 4 Less run with Mari

* Switch/JD

Friday, November 2, 2018

* Received a phone call about a contract renewal. Whoop whoop! Totally wasn't expecting it.

* Back groundwork on a show called Black Monday with Don Cheadle. 4pm to 5:45am


Saturday, November 3, 2018

* Walking, phone calls, bank run...

* My attempt to get Shea Butter on Thursday lead me to seek it out on Amazon. Wow! That was a great decision. For 3 dollars more than what I normally paid, I'm getting over 4 times the amount. I'll probably have Shea Butter for another year or two. Depending or not if I give away some or not.

As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign