Tuesday, November 20, 2018

20 Billionaire Hacks & Habits I've Already Been Living

Originally, I intended on expressing my thoughts on this subject within Week 426's post. Then I realized I haven't written a subject-specific post in a while so why not. I do believe the subject here has enough depth for it. So let's talk about 20 Billionaire Hacks & Habits I've Already Been Living. The title stems from a YouTube video entitled 20 Simple Life Hacks & Habits You Can Copy From Billionaires. Since Nintendo unveiled The Nintendo Switch on October 20, 2016, I've kind of become a Youtube junky. Researching games are just as fun as playing them for me. Sports updates are also cool. Every now and then I'm recommended interesting videos that catch my attention. Youtube has become known for recommending random videos as of late. My eyes lit up with interest upon receiving the referral of, Why A Students Work for C Students. That video was grand spanking on point with my personality type. There's enough detail in that topic suited for a separate video. After that video ended, Youtube automatically played 20 Simple Life Hacks & Habits You Can Copy From Billionaires. The parallels are riveting. I was aware of a handful of similarities previously but this video opened up my eyes to even more.

I've never made it an objective to study rich people with the intentions of becoming rich but awareness levels are always open. I read and I stay woke. I've established a bunch of habits throughout my journey and I don't enjoy spending money. Those are my two major principles. This video made me realize how much I have in common with Billionaires with the main exception being my bank account is lacking a little in this department. Nonetheless, I would like to review all 20 items in this post with a little personal perspective. Nothing too deep. Hopefully, I'll find a way to make this post enlightening not only for myself but for others.

20. Scheduling and Productivity Hacks

This point speaks of prioritizing, deadlines, preparing for upcoming weeks and honing on those things a person might procrastinate about. Simply getting things done. I've always loved a checklist and the satisfaction of scratching things off is unlike no other.

19. Investing Time

Billionaires understand the value of time. Apparently, a lot of rich people don't spend time watching TV. I personally spent very long periods of time without watching any TV. However, I've learned and I continue to embrace more TV over time due to my involvement in the entertainment industry. As a professional in the industry is part of my job description which and my duty.

18. Avoid Alcohol and Smoking

I don't smoke and I look forward to maintaining this merit throughout my duration on this planet. As for drinking, I love me an open bar. If it's free, why not. I don't purchase. If I'm hanging with a young lady and she wants some wine why not but other than that I don't. I've never purchased a drink at a bar for myself and I never will.

17. Eat Healthy

I basically eat what my EBT card can afford per month and since I don't enjoy cooking, my options are a tune, sardines, raw nuts, a can of soup, saltine crackers and plenty of fruits. I'm not a committed vegan or pescetarian but I often eat like one.

16. Take Public Transport

This one shocked me the most. I gave up driving when I moved to LA in 2010 and I love it. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made and through this video I've learned that some Billionaires also use public transportation. Or they use self-powered transport like walking or cycling. I also do both activities on a weekly basis. Billionaires who do this reduces their carbon footprint by being considerate of the world around them and it's very inexpensive.

15. Adopt a Glass Half Full Mentality

It's shoot for the moon way of thinking. Using simple methods of thinking positively can help someone achieve greatness. I concur.

14. Meditate

I've tried various methods of traditional meditation over time but recently I've come to realize that I'm not a traditional meditation kind of guy. Not long ago I learned that walking is a form of meditation. I do a whole lot of walking and I believe day-dreaming is also another form. I often lay in my bed, relaxed. Every blue moon I might play some meditation music but that's not common. I believe meditation is an act that relaxes the mind, body, and soul. Any form of stillness that reduces stress is meditation. I have plenty of experience doing that.

13. Be Brave and Fail

The word failure is used quite loosely among people. Over time, I've embraced this term less and less. Within the same understanding, I instead use the word, "disappointment" to describe what most people call failures. All of my endeavors eventually amount to something which is why I don't use the term failures. Now that we have this clarity, trust me, I have several disappointments under my belt. Don't underestimate the need for this.  It's the need to try and try until you succeed.

12. Play Hard

I love this one the most. There was a point of time in my quest when I didn't make time for playing, now it's mandatory. Since the start of 2017, I've been playing basketball and tennis multiple times a week. Let's not forget my refound love for video games with my Nintendo Switch. My style of fun is incorporated with friendly athletic competition. I even play a lot of physically active video games. I'm sure over time I'll add more and new activities. Perhaps I'll learn golf. Who knows.

11. Exercise

When I play I exercise. When I exercise I play. Its the benefits of both worlds all the time.

10.  Act Now for Long-Term Goals

I read a quote the states, "A mind that's always thinking about the future is a cursed mind. Through experience, I understand the quote more and more all the time. I've gotten better at living in the moment but my mind stays thinking about the future. I am the future of Late Night Television and acting now is my genetic description.

9. Pay Attention to Relationships

This is something a C student does well. The ability to foster good relationships is the basic logic of my achievements. A billionaire knows the importance of every single person and so do I. Every person has value and it pays to be charming to everyone. Jerks are allowed. It doesn't mean a woman hasn't called me a jerk before but what man hasn't been called a jerk by a woman? :-)

8. Be Thrifty

Did you know that I don't like spending money? I don't need a plan or strategy for this one. I avoid spending at all cost. Friends in high school called me cheap. I call it being wise. The most interesting this is I've grown to love the simple life. My current situation and my overall journey have molded me into somewhat of a minimalist. At least approaching that type of lifestyle.

7. Be Self-Sufficient

You know I've never ordered delivery before. If it involves an extra expense why do it? That's my way of thinking. I ever started cutting my own hair a couple years ago. That's a task I wish I started a long time ago.

6. Wear The Same Clothes Every day

I believe in dressing up for the special occasion. I honestly couldn't care less what I wear during the week. I wear my clothes until it smells like it's time to wear something else.

5. Following Your Passion Obsessively

Need I say more. I'm obsessed with my destiny.

4. Read Widely Everyday

I wish I was more of a casual book reader but I do make great effort to read the news, articles about the entertainment industry and video game stuff of course.

3. Find a Mentor

This is easier said than done but I've blessed to be around a lot of wise people through my quest. This allowed me to not make the same mistakes they've made with their businesses and endeavors.

2. Develop Multiple Streams of Income 

I've made money in front of the camera and behind the camera. Sometimes I even sell my nude body to an art class. I'm not making money outside of the entertainment business right now but this will come in time.

1. Get Up Early

This one is the only one I'm not in sync with. I'm not a morning person and I probably never will be. I'll adapt when necessary but morning and I don't get along. This is a fair exception because I'm a night owl. I get things done at night while most people are sleeping.

That's all 20. It has been inspiring for me to learn how much I have in common with billionaires. Without the money, I'm living a billionaire life and the money eventually arrives I'm sure my life won't be too different. A change will come but the billionaire lifestyle that everyone wants, I already have.

Check out the video for yourself. Perhaps you'll be inspired and maybe it will randomly lead you to another interesting video.
 

As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign