Sunday, October 8, 2017

Week 368: Double Incredible Blessings

Weekly Written Review 

I started off this week working on a short film and I ended the same way working on a different short film. That's not even at the incredible part yet. Let's talk about what happened on Monday. On this day I had my callback/meeting with the Black Santa project. I sent in a tape last week. I immediately got a response directly from the casting director via text. She helped me out before with my festival in the past so we had each others phone numbers. However, she never sent me a text before. That's until saw this audition in which she loved. That led to the set up for this meeting. I arrived at 2pm and basically got thrown in the fire. I got a quick tour. Met a few people and then they started explaining things to me. Followed by asking me if I can present this story later. I was like "sure." I got fed. I was invited into their creative meetings with the all the big shots and I just flowed. After hours of being there I got a chance to read out loud what they gave me to the founder Baron Davis and many others and they loved it. Baron ended up making a character of me. By the time I left I was not only a story teller I was also Motown the Elf. I tried on some Elf ears and they loved it. Baron looked and said something in the likes of, "Everybody's going to know Motown the Elf." It was an incredible unexpected experience. I didn't leave until 6:30pm. The whole experience reminded me of the first episode of ABC's Scandal. The theme question of that show was do you want to be a gladiator.  It was similar to that because I later found out that I was already a legend at the office before I arrived. Everyone saw and loved my audition video. I basically got the job upon arrival. Now, what does this all mean. I'm still not completed sure All I know is that I believe in the project and there is an exponential amount of opportunities for me to grow and get exposure there. I'm blessed and thankful and will continue to positively embrace the unknown.

If you think the incredibility stops with the story above, it does not. Back story first. For most of this year, there has been uncertainty towards my living situation. Things got to peak crazy in July and I became homeless for a while. This is all because of my infamous garage. To some degree it was suppose to get demolished months ago. The expended part of the garage without a permit to be exact. My landlady paid for an extension. That extension is suppose to expire in November. With fear my landlady made plans to tear it down earlier. As early as Monday of next week. I was notified twice this week that I will have to move into the other side of the garage because my side is getting tore down. Jose the mechanic even came and gave my living quarters a peek. He's the one doing the job. At this point I already accepted my living fate. Until my landlady discovered something. Midweek she said she found out about a city program that will assist with paying for garage conversions. The reason they're probably doing that is to prevent homelessness. The irony...My eyes got lit. I started my research immediately. I found something but it only paid for 20% and it lasted from March to April. While researching I found something else that looked interesting. I found an attorney that specializes in garage conversion issues and he offered consultation. He was site very informative. I figured this would be my last hope. I printed out his info and sent him an email while I Kevin's house on Friday. We were about go out to a fashion week event. To my surprise he replied back with amble information. When I got home that night I told my landlady about him and requested for her to call him the next day. I couldn't call because I had a shoot all Saturday. She was open to the call. I told her maybe he might give you some good advice and if not, just go ahead with the garage tear down. Turning for my shoot on Saturday night I spoke to my landlady about the phone call and she had good news. He basically advised that the city isn't coming to inspect the garage in November. They got too many issues on their plate to worry about that right now. If may be 3, 4, 5 or more years before they inspect the place again. I don't know what kind of charm this guy had on my landlady but she became in favor of discontinuing the demolish plans. This was shocking because she normally reacts with fear. I told her I'm going to fight for my garage if it's my choice but his her decision. She said okay, but you have two years to make it big. We talked about payment I mentioned my storage situation. She invited my stuff back "again." I told her I'm going triple confirm a few times before I actually do it. Shamefully she admitted that backpedals and questioned why she does that. Then just like that my garage was saved. My home is saved. I was not expecting that. I was truly expecting the worse but instead I got the best. 


Sunday, October 1, 2017

* Parody shoot day 2


Monday, October 2, 2017

* Meeting with Black Santa/No Label/Callback. (Read above)

* Tennis


Tuesday, October 3, 2017

* Relaxing...

* Story memorizing begins

* Dollar Store

* Audition video sent


Wednesday, October 4, 2017

* (3) VO's sent

* Basketball

* Commercial audition

* Entertainment Lab party. It's a talent management company. I with the intentions of inquiring about a management. I met someone else who's a manager. I thought we clicked. I sent her a passionately detailed email that night and never heard back. Oh well...


Thursday, October 5, 2017

* Basketball

* VO's sent. Two files one project.

* Young Stevie Wonder audition


Friday, October 6, 2017

* Short film rescheduled

* Storage room pickups

* Target

* Lunch with Hank/Dan

* Fashion event with Kevin


Saturday, October 7, 2017

* Short film show - King Friend Zone

* Audition reschedule request. Long day with the short film. Wasn't worth it.

* Garage is saved. Yeaaaaahhhhh


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign